Henry Brown opened his shop in 1797 on Fazey St.,
Birmingham, the town in Midlands of England, at the
time known then as the "provinces".
The business built planes for over 30 years, using
various names and plane stamps: H. Brown, Brown &
Bernard, and H. Brown, London.
W. L. Goodman: British Planemakers from 1700,
enlarged and Revised by Jane & Mark Rees, 1993 (Roy Arnold, Suffolk, GB)